Since the first confirmed cases of Coronavirus (COVID19) were reported earlier this year, The Cottages have been proactive in taking precautions to protect our residents and staff from this and other viruses. We have extended and enhanced our Flu season protocols and cancelled all scheduled community events and outings.
Currently none of our communities have any confirmed cases of the Coronavirus (COVID19). However, we do believe it is necessary to take additional steps to ensure the safety of our residents.
Effective immediately, we will no longer accept visitors except critical medical care personnel to our communities. This means no family visits at this juncture. We hope this is temporary, but for the safety of our residents, we feel this is the most prudent thing to do based on feedback from the CDC and Department of Health.
In addition to restricting visits, we will also be adding the following precautions:
- For critical medical care personnel:
- Each one is to be screened by a community employee prior to entering the building
- If school closures do occur, we will be arranging childcare for the affected employees to ensure our communities stay fully staffed.
- All scheduled community tours have been cancelled and no new tours will be scheduled for the foreseeable future.
- All employees will adhere to the policy of not visiting other healthcare facilities (hospitals, etc) without permission from corporate management.
- Employees personal travel will be restricted to reduce the chances of exposure.
While we are currently restricting visits, we will do our best to facilitate safe engagement with our residents via telephone, Skype, or Facetime. We will also be posting regular Facebook updates of all our Cottage activities and happenings so families can keep up with all the fun their loved one is having during this time.